Monday, March 24, 2008

UBC and ACC

Holy cow! I thought I'd posted this yesterday, but I seem to have hit the wrong button. Anyway, here's Monday's post:

Two quick items today, because I'm on the road and still just a frazz jet-lagged.

First, a reminder that I'll be reading at the University Book Store in Seattle, Washington this Wednesday, March 26, at 7 p.m. This is a good chance for Seattletonians (Seattleites?) to get an autographed book because I don't get out to the West Coast very often.

Also, because this was a last-minute arrangement, I'm not at all sure how many people are even aware I'm going to be there. So it would be a potential kindness if you were to show up.

Also, my Arthur C. Clarke eulogy was just posted by the Philadelphia Inquirer. Writing such things is a saddening chore. But the guy got to team up with Walter Cronkite to comment on the moon landing, was knighted, co-wrote a classic movie, was pals with Prince Charles, and was revered as a living national treasure in Sri Lanka. We can't complain, really.

*

No comments: