Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Scribbledehobbledehoyden: The Magpie's Eye: Page 35

.


35.926 years
Jan 16, 2009 termination date
Jan 17, 2009 effective date

I wonder what that was about?

D & S -- Russets, reds, & umbers -- with here and there [intricacy?] of gold.  Needlework.  

Still at work on Dancing With Bears.  Here, I was designing  Zoësophia's Russian outfit.  Not surprisingly, it looks great on her.

The semi-bracketed bit next I'll leave untranslated, because it reveals a minor plot point.

And more from that scene:

"That was my first wife's dress."
She looked down on her admittedly admirable figure.  "It fits me perfectly.  She must have been a very beautiful woman."
From any other woman, the words would have sounded boastful.  [Something]
"Yes," he managed, "she was."

The doodle is just a doodle.  It's not meant to represent of any of the characters in the novel.

*

No comments: