Thursday, April 5, 2012

What We've All Been Waiting For

.



I know what you're thinking:  When the hell are we finally going to get a Chinese Kung Fu Steampunk movie?

Soon, my children, soon.

Tai Chi 0 by director Stephen Fung is currently in post production.  That's a promo clip for it up above.  I think I'm going to enjoy this one a lot.


You can read about it here.


And meanwhile, elsewhere in the future . . .

 Google is apparently Beta-testing a lowest-possible-imagination version of Bruce Sterling's  old cyberpunk data spex.  If you wind up with a pair, be sure to read every word of whatever agreement they require you to sign.  I'm betting a lot more of your experience has potential commercial value than you realized.




*

5 comments:

David Stone said...

Well if you're desperate to see a kung fu Steampunk film right now while convalescing, you can see the recent detective Dee film; however I haven't seen it myself, so I can't vouch for it's steampunk credentials...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1123373/

Michael Swanwick said...

I thought the Judge Dee movie was a hoot. Which surprised me, given how unfaithful to the Judge Dee books it was. But steampunk? Well... kinda-sorta, maybe.

Eileen Gunn said...

Yeah, read the contract. I'm suspicious of the part that says Google reserves the right to edit everything you look at.

Michael Swanwick said...

Never wear the spex when you're working on a story!

Michael Swanwick said...

Or crossing the street.