Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Good Morning! It's Butterfly Effect Time

.



Unity 4 realtime rendering, in collaboration with Passion Pictures, the credits say.

So far as I can tell, this was done as a demonstration of the animation software that makes it possible.  I don't know whether to marvel more at the brilliance of the software engineers or the fact that there's so much money sloshing around the industry that it makes sense for them to put together something this spectacular.

In any event, I've been there.  This is what waking up is like for me most mornings.

*

3 comments:

JJM said...

Must have been handy for your son, being picked up by a school bus from *inside* the house ... :D

Michael Swanwick said...

And now I am flooded with nostalgia for all the times I told him stories about the Number Zero Bus . . .

JJM said...

Call him up. He might enjoy hearing another one ...

Your Number Zero Bus sounds not unlike ZBS's Streetcar Named "Le Petit Lafitte". (Little boy becomes driver / conductor on a New Orleans streetcar filled with skeletal pirates.)