Thursday, October 11, 2012

.
From Ghoulies and Ghosties, Long-Leggitie Beasties . . .

(Part 17)
 
Everything that kids loved even though they knew they shouldn't.


(Continued tomorrow.)
 

And my commentary . . . 

And there it is, my definition of monsters:  Everything that people feared even though they know better.  Everything that kids loved even though they knew they shouldn't.  You may feel free to find fault with it if and even throw rocks in its direction if you wish.  But I'm pleased with it.

You can read all of the story to date here.


And I'm still on vacation . . .
 

There are only so many ways to do nothing:  walks along the beach, wandering through antique shops, naps, jigsaw puzzles, light verse, wine . . .  But to be mastered, they must be done intensely and often.  So I am putting my all into them.


Above: Reflections of dock pylons on water .


*

No comments: